For installation on almost all snowmobile models
The Skipex kit can be installed onto almost all snowmobile models of this millennium. As a rule of thumb, it can be installed onto all models on which the ski bolts are visible.
The transfer kit can also be mounted onto the old model Blade ski by using the supplied shim plate. The design also takes into account the structure of the Powder Pro and Blade DS skis, where the bolt is located half behind the plastic structure of the skis. The only ski models for which the transfer kit is not directly mounted are the CTRL skis by Lynx REX frame carriage and the extra wide skis on some worksleds.
The wheels can be mounted on either the inside or outside of the skis, although it is recommended to install them on the outside, as is done in this guide.
- Lift the carriage front into the air and remove the ski bolts. Take the bolts supplied with the kit and install them from the inside of the ski to the outside. Take the wheel dock section and rotate the bolt to its thread with a 16mm wrench. Make sure that it is straight and tighten the bolt to 65 nm. Make sure that the bolt is over the thread of the bracket.If necessary, change the bolt to the correct length by using 10.9 strength class M10 X 1.5 bolts. Use of a nut is not necessary, but it may be used.
- Remove the wheels from the kit and inflate them to 2.0 bar.
- Take the kit shafts axles and fit the wheels to them so that the longer part of the wheel hub remains on the straight side of the shaft and the air valve remains on the curved side of the shaft. Install the shaft onto a screw vice (use, e.g., a piece of cloth to protect the axle from scratches) and tighten with the supplied nut.
NOTE! DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE NUT!
Rotate the tire and make sure that it rotates lightly. If it rotates in a tight manner, loosen the nut a little.
- Install the wheel into the dock opening by grasping the wheel hub with a pinching grip.
By squeezing the hub and nut at the same time, you can ensure that the shaft will not rotate during the installation process.
With your other hand, grab the ski link and lift the skis up enough so you can install the shaft in the dock opening. Do the same for the other side. The removal is carried out in the same manner.
- Drive at a max 20km /h.
- Not for road use.
- Do not keep the wheels installed on the frame for an extended time.